This is a one day (6 hour) course.
My Personal Best aims to develop life skills, leadership and employability skills in young people such as empathy, teamwork and resilience. This award winning support package is designed to inspire secondary PE teachers to confidently teach life skills through core curriculum PE. Each teacher will take an action-research style approach to reposition the purpose and relevance of PE, and share effective practice to adopting this approach with other collagues.
This training is aimed at Secondary School Teachers & where possible we encourage 2 people from each school to attend, this could be PE teachers or staff with a whole school role like a head of year, head of PSHE for example. This helps to ensure that it doesn’t rely on one person making the change back at school on their own – as this is fundamental to the course.
Delegates will get a hard copy of the My PB resource pack and e-copies for their colleagues.
The course will enable practitioners to:
- Recognise the relevance of My PB to learners’ development in and through physical education (PE)
- Recognise what Life-Skilled will look like in their learners
- Recognise how you can (further) develop an explicit Life-Skills approach to PE in your school
- Reflect on your current practice and identify strengths and areas for improvement in terms of explicit Life-Skills teaching
- Create an action plan to implement your ideas