Case StudiesYST Case Studies
In this section you will find practical examples of how schools are responding to COVID-19 and ensuring a positive experience for young people in PE and school sport whilst adhering to government guidance and restrictions.
- 'How COVID-19 has enabled us to reignite our intra-school competition programme' - Ross McNeil, Head of Year 8 and House Enrichment Leader at King Edward VII Academy, blogs about the return to PE.
- 'Top tips for a return to PE from John Spence Community High School' - Adam Pilkington, Director of Sport at John Spence Community High School, North Shields, blogs about his school's return to PE.
- 'How the PE and Sport Premium is supporting our recovery curriculum' - Dawn Mallett, Sport and PE Development Manager, blogs about how the PE and sport premium funding is being used with a focus on key indicators 1 and 2 in supporting the recovery curriculum at Stanton and Pepper Hill Schools.
Video Case Studies
The following videos were provided by the Department for Education (DfE). Click on any of the video links below to view:
- Active learning, Clavering Primary School - Video
- Active miles - Sport Birmingham - Video
- Active play, Clare Mount Specialist Sports College - Video
- Active playtimes, Clavering Primary School - Video
- Active travel, Clavering Primary School - Video
- COVID secure zumba, Clare Mount Specialist School - Video
- Engaging girls in PE, Waddleston CofE School - Video
- Return to school wellbeing, Kensington Primary School - Video
We are also pleased to share the following videos: