Case StudiesYST Case Studies
- 'How COVID-19 has enabled us to reignite our intra-school competition programme' - Ross McNeil, Head of Year 8 and House Enrichment Leader at King Edward VII Academy, blogs about the return to PE. Published October 2020.
- 'Top tips for a return to PE from John Spence Community High School' - Adam Pilkington, Director of Sport at John Spence Community High School, North Shields, blogs about his school's return to PE. Published October 2020.
- 'How the PE and Sport Premium is supporting our recovery curriculum' - Dawn Mallett, Sport and PE Development Manager, blogs about how the PE and sport premium funding is being used with a focus on key indicators 1 and 2 in supporting the recovery curriculum at Stanton and Pepper Hill Schools. Published November 2020.
Video Case Studies
Schools talk through how they are tackling the challenge of delivering during the pandemic. Some of these videos have been produced by the Youth Sport Trust and others were provided by the Department for Education (DfE). Click on any of the video links below to view. All videos are hosted on YouTube, where subtitles can be activated.
- Adopting a PE kit policy, William de Ferrers School
- Recovery curriculum focused on improving pupils’ physical and mental stamina, St Fidelis Catholic Primary School
- Changing KS3 Assessment to focus on Physical ME, Social ME and Cognitive ME, Whitmore High School
Outdoor Learning, West Heath Primary School
- Creation and delivery of a staff wellbeing education programme, St Breock Primary School
Extra curricular sport and physical activity
- How to deliver extracurricular school sport clubs in year group bubbles, Whitehill Junior School
- Addressing the decline in physical activity through a timetabled daily mile, more break and lunch time activity and outdoor learning, Cullercoats Primary School
- Active play, Clare Mount Specialist Sports College
- Active playtimes, Clavering Primary School
- COVID secure zumba, Clare Mount Specialist School
- Returning to swimming, Majorie McClure School
- Active travel, Clavering Primary School
- Active learning, Clavering Primary School