This course can be delivered to a group of schools or in an individual school. It is suitable for all primary practitioners/educators, teaching assistants, office and support staff, school governors, community and PTFA supporters.
Outcomes and impact for the practitioner:
- Understand the importance and wider benefits of creating the right physical environment to enable and encourage physical activity
- Empowered to create Active Spaces which include all young people
- Identify challenges and explore solutions through innovative approaches to the planning, use and design of space
- Understand the considerations and process required to develop and maximise space in their school
- Share ideas and good practice examples.
Outcomes and impact for the children:
- Develops physical literacy
- Ownership and empowerment is developed through involvement in the design and development of their space
- Active learning is enhanced through the environment within which it is delivered.
This training is available at the discounted price of £535.50 for YST Member Schools and £450.00 for Cluster Coordinators at the point of sign-up - after this point the cost is £535.50.