TOP Transition has been designed as a series of Core Learning Tasks (CLTs) enabling practitioners in primary and secondary schools to collaborate and plan for a seamless approach to transition from upper Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3 alongside support for their social and emotional wellbeing.
Outcomes and impact for the practitioner:
- Recognise the social and emotional needs of young people moving from primary to secondary education
- Identify the key benefits of effective transition in PE between Key Stages 2 and 3
- Describe the key principles to achieving progressive, developmental learning between primary and secondary teachers
- Describe the range of resources available to support your teaching of skills within PE
- Identify and reflect on the collaborative approaches from primary to secondary PE.
Outcomes and impact for the children:
- Increase confidence and self-belief of young people in PE as they move from primary to secondary school
- Improve knowledge and recognition of the purpose of PE and what it means for young people moving from Key Stage 2 to 3
- Participate in a meaningful, relevant and fun learning environment which improves their physical literacy and wellbeing for life.
This training is available at the discounted price of £898.20 for YST Member Schools and £650.00 for Cluster Coordinators at the point of sign-up - after this point the cost is £898.20.