Impact of our work
Our partners and funders help us to improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of young people.
- Since 2009, nearly 20,000 schools and 7.8 million young people have taken part in National School Sport Week.
- Last year 75% of primary and 62% of secondary pupils who took part in National School Sport Week said they play more sport than before.
Offering more opportunities in sport
- Last year Matalan yoUR Activity helped introduce alternative sports such as parkour, street cheer and tchoukball in over 200 secondary schools.
- Over 4,500 primary schools and 3,000 secondary schools have set up Change4Life Sports Clubs to help the least active young people try new sports.
Providing high quality PE
- We trained 3,461 teachers in 2011 through our Matalan TOP Sport programme.
Using sport to raise achievement
- In 2010/11 our team of 30 Sky Sports Living for Sports athletes visited over 350 schools to help change the behaviour, raise attainment and boost the confidence of pupils.
You can play your part too, get involved: