Sporting Promise - TOP Sport
Sporting Promise is an award-winning grass roots sports initiative that has already impacted over two million young people in the first three years of the programme.
It is a partnership between Matalan, Sporting Pro and the Youth Sport Trust, and ensures that children across the country have vital access to sports activity in school. TOP Sport supports the delivery of PE and sport in 10,000 primary schools across the country and it supports the new National Curriculum.
It helps teachers unlock the potential of their pupils (aged 7-11 years) in KS2 PE by:
- Developing young people's physical and social skill development;
- Improving young people's wider learning skills, such as confidence and managing their emotions; and
- Increasing young people's understanding of their health and well-being.
The TOP Sport programme offers teachers the opportunity to attend our free workshops and to receive resource cards, posters and access to online resources.
To attend a course…
If your school has not yet been trained in TOP Sport, please secure your place following the instructions below.
- View the courses that are taking place across the country.
- Email the course organiser to book yourself on.
- Where the course organiser details are unavailable, please email the Sporting Promise Team.
In partnership with the Youth Sport Trust, Sporting Promise supports sport and PE activity in schools and is committed to getting more young people taking part in more sport.