Sky Sports Living for Sport
Sky Sports Living for Sport uses sport stars and sport skills to improve young people's lives. This free initiative for 11-16 year olds is available to all secondary schools in the UK. The programme is designed to inspire and support every participant in areas relevant to them whether it's improving confidence, attainment at school or leading a healthier lifestyle.
Schools who take part in the programme will receive Sky Sports Living for Sport t-shirts and a visit from one of the world-class athlete mentor team. Our athletes have been selected for their ability to engage with young people through their own stories of struggle and success, including the challenges they had to overcome such as bullying, dyslexia, exclusion and living with a disability.
Sky Sports Living for Sport:
1. Develop their self esteem and self worth
2. Increase attainment and achievement
3. Improve young people's health and well being
4. Encourage young people to reach their full potential
Our independent research clearly demonstrates the impact, with findings showing that:
- 83% of young people have shown a positive improvement in their attitudes to learning;
- 30% of pupils said they were inspired to go on to further study following participation; and
- 96% of projects were judged to have been successful or very successful.
- Marked improvements were also made in English and maths. Read more...
It's easy for schools to be involved, simply sign up online.